IIT Bombay Recruitment For Temporary Positions
Post Details & Qualification Needed:
a. Officer on Special Duty:
Essential Qualification and Experience :
Master’s Degree with a minimum of 55% marks
or equivalent grade point average and 6 years
relevant experience at Pay Level10 (VII PC) or equivalent.
Candidate should have experience in event management and donor relationships management.
Must have the ability to recognize the needs of an outstanding academic/research institute and the experience to develop programs to meet those needs.
Outstanding oral and written communication skills are required, along with demonstrated ability to set priorities, exercise judgment and work with diplomacy and discretion in a high pressure environment. In this role one will be networking with Institute functionaries, Alumni associations, industry executives and academics. Past experience in relevant fields such as sales or customer relations at supervisory level is desirable.
The OSDs should be self motivated individuals with outstanding communication skills, OSDs would be expected to support the Senior Executive Officer in various ctivities pertaining to the Dear (ACR) office.
The OSDs would be expected to contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
The responsibility also includes anaging events organised by Dean (ACR) Office.
The OSDs carry out administration work as may be assigned. The OSDs will be expected to maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending training programs and workshops etc.
The position will also involve managing relationship with alumni and corporate partners, coordinating MoU, updating databases.
The responsibility also includes handling the coordination
of visits by guests.
This will require interfacing with the Guest House, Transport and
Security sections. Front office experience and Corporate
exposure of minimum 2 years is desirable.
Consolidated Pay Range:
Rs. 68000 to 95200
In addition out of campus allowance of Rs. 8000/and eimbursement of health allowance on the yearly insurance premium upto Rs.10,000/for a family of upto four (self, spouse and two children).
Appointment Type: On Contract for a period of 1 year.
Age Limit: 45 yrs.
b. Part Time Clinical Psychologist-
Essential Qualification and Experience:
M.Sc. / M.A. (Clinical Psychology) with 2 years
Consolidated Pay Range:
28500 to 39900
Appointment Type: On Contract for a period of 1 year.
Working hours : 4 hrs a day for 5 days a week.
Age Limit: 40 yrs
c. Executive Assistant (Hospitality
Essential Qualification and Experience: Bachelor’s Degree in Hotel Management/Hospitality OR 3year
Diploma (after 10+2) in Hotel Management and Catering Technology from a recognized Institute.
Knowledge of computer applications.
Required Experience / Skills:
Two years relevant experience in Guest House or Hotel in various sections such as front office, food and beverage service, housekeeping etc.
The candidate is expected to assist the Executive Assistant (Hospitality Supervisor) in all respect of running the guest houses and required to work in shift duty.
1) All posts are temporary and shall not have claim on any regular position and shall not bestow any of the privileges (housing and other benefits) available to regular employees of IIT Bombay.
2) Candidates are advised to satisfy themselves before applying that they possess the minimum essential qualifications and experience (if any) laid down in the advertisement.
3) Application without photograph, signature and necessary certificates in support of their application shall be summarily rejected.
4) All the details furnished in the online
application will be treated as final and no changes shall be
5) Eligibility of a candidate for the post shall be considered as on date of closing online application
6) The Institute reserves the right to:
(a) not to fill any of the advertised positions
(b) fill consequential vacancies arising at the time of selection and make a panel from available candidates for near future vacancies. The number of positions is thus open to change.
7) The age limit criterion will be relaxed for persons working in any department / section / unit / project of IIT Bombay for at least three years (220 days or more per year) and who have crossed
the age limit criterion during the above period, provided that they have acquired the requisite qualification before reaching the prescribed age limit for the post.
8) Relaxation of age for employees of IIT Bombay as per rules.
9) Candidates desirous to apply for more than one post should apply online for each post separately.
10) The appointment of the selected candidates is subject to being found medically fit as per the requirements of the Institute.
11) Candidates should upload self attested copies of certificates in support of their qualification (matriculation onwards), experience, Date of Birth, Caste certificate etc. Original certificates should be produced at the time of joining.
12) Certificate in support of experience should be in proper format i.e. it should be on the organizations letter head, bear the date of issue, specific period of work, name and designation of the issuing authority along with their signature.
13) The applications received in response to advertisement will be scrutinized and only shortlisted candidates will be called for selection process. Merely fulfilling the requirements laid down in the advertisement will not automatically entitle any candidate to be called for further selection process.
14) Age relaxation for reserved category candidates is applicable only if the post is reserved for particular category as per rule. Age relaxation to PwD candidates & Ex-servicemen are as per rules.
15) Only such person who suffer from not less than 40% of relevant disability, would be eligible for reservation. Candidate has to submit relevant disability certificate as prescribed under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act.
16) Candidates seeking reservation benefits available for OBC(NCL)/PwD must be in possession of
the certificates in the format prescribed by GoI in support of their claim at the time of application. Candidates seeking reservation for OBC (NCL) is required to attach a declaration, in addition to certificate in the prescribed format issued by the Competent Authority enclosed at AnnexureI.
17) Decision of the Institute in all matters relating to the eligibility of the candidate, screening test/skill test/written test / Interview and selection would be final and binding on all the candidates. No correspondence or personal inquiries shall be entertained.
18) For Job No. 323 Screening test / Trade test / Physical test /Computer proficiency test shall be
conducted for shortlisting criteria as per the nature of the post. Final selection will be done on the basis of written test. A candidate is required to obtain 60% marks or more in the written test to
be eligible for recruitment.
19) No correspondence will be entertained from candidates regarding conduct and result of selection process and reasons for not being called.
20) In case of any inadvertent mistake in the process of selection which may be detected at any stage even after the issue of appointment letter, the Institute reserves the right to modify/withdraw/cancel any communication made to the candidates.
21) In case of any dispute/ambiguity that may occur in the process of selection, the decision of the Institute shall be final.
22) The Institute shall verify the antecedents or documents submitted by a candidate at any time at the time of appointment or during the tenure of the service. In case, it is detected that the
documents submitted by the candidates are fake or the candidate has a clandestine antecedents/background and has suppressed the said information, then his/her services shall be terminated and legal action may be initiated against such candidates/employees.
23) Persons employed in Government and SemiGovernment
organization or Educational Institution
to upload a No Objection Certificate (NOC) from their current employer in support of their application or should provide the same before beginning of Selection Process.
24) No Traveling Allowance (TA) shall be paid to the candidates for attending the selection process.
25) Canvassing in any form will be a disqualification.
26) No interim correspondence will be entertained.
27) For any query related to submission of online application you may send email to ([email protected]). However, queries related to interpretation of rules will not be entertained.
28) Candidates are advised to mention their correct and active email address in the application, as all the correspondence like issuance of call letter or any other information will be communicated through email only.
29) Addendum / corrigendum, if any, in respect of this advertisement shall be published only on
30) Any resultant dispute arising out of this advertisement shall be subject to the sole jurisdiction of the Courts situated at Mumbai only. Candidates possessing the requisite qualification and experience may apply online at
Last date of closing the online application interface is 22.2.2019. (Hard copy of the online application
is not required to be sent by post).